Saturday, 16 July 2011

Five things

I think it's time to get Charlotte's bad language off the front page of my blog, but I don't have the inclination to sit and write well-crafted prose, so here's a list of five random things that are preoccupying and/or amusing me at the moment.
  1. Nick's driving test is on Monday. I hope he passes because this will make him happy. On the other hand, I am deeply worried about him passing because this will mean that the car that was mine and is now technically his becomes properly his and I might live to regret my "Oh, I don't need a car, I can cycle and use public transport" assertions.
  2. I am looking forward to going to see the last Harry Potter at the earliest opportunity. I might cry.
  3. Someone won £160 million on the lottery this week. This prompted the inevitable 'What would we do if...' discussion with Tony. The only thing we can agree on is that we wouldn't give any of it to the children on the grounds that it would be Bad For Them.
  4. If it is not still peeing with rain next weekend, we are going to go up Snowdon (Crib Goch) and Tryfan. Anybody want to join us?
  5. I bought some proper grown-up clothes for almost the first time in my life for an interview last week that lasted all of two seconds. I need an occasion to wear them again. With some frivolous shoes and a hat, they'd be ideal for a wedding. Anyone planning on getting married any time soon?

2 comments:

zegreg said...

I am :)
15th Oct Cape Town
Join uss

Jackie T said...

Don't fall off Crib Goch. Perhaps best not to wear the high heel shoes.